The HOW Institute for Society
Summit on Moral Leadership
Ford Foundation for Social Justice, New York City
Now more than ever, we need leaders to guide us over, around, and through the swamp of anger and blame. We need leaders who put humanity, shared values, and purpose at the core of how they lead. We need moral leaders.
In collaboration with our partners, The HOW Institute for Society will co-host a one-day summit bringing together diverse leaders from varied fields—including business, government, education, non-profits, the military, religion, sports, media and entertainment—and all generations to stimulate and inspire fresh thinking and concerted actions to help answer the most vital questions we face as a society.
Urgency and action are at the core of the Summit. Unprecedented forces and technologies have dramatically reshaped our world faster than we have yet been able to reshape our institutions, our leadership and ourselves. A future that includes dynamic capitalism, vibrant democracy, healthy communities and free societies depends on the rise of moral leadership and values-driven behavior.
Who will participate?
Among those who have already committed to join us are:
- Angela Ahrendts DBE, former SVP, Apple Retail and CEO, Burberry
- Ajay Banga, President and CEO, Mastercard
- Tom Friedman, Columnist, New York Times
- Nancy Gibbs, Director of the Shorenstein Center and Visiting Professor, Harvard Kennedy School; and Editor-at-Large, TIME
- Doug McMillon, CEO, Walmart; and Chairman, The Business Roundtable
- Darren Walker, President, Ford Foundation
- Admiral James Stavridis, Operating Executive, Carlyle Group; and former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO
Thanks to the support of the Ford Foundation, all Summit participants will attend free of charge, allowing us to assemble 200 leaders from across all sectors. Participants will learn from each other while rolling up their sleeves to help drive forward a powerful ongoing movement. The proceedings will be webcast and open to media coverage to reach and inspire the largest possible audience.
What will the Summit include?
The Summit agenda will address major issues impacting our lives today where moral leadership is crucial to turn the tide from narrow-interests and fear to human advancement. Through the Summit, we will collectively begin to:
- Establish “Moral Leadership” as a critical topic in public discourse.
- Build a community interested in renewing moral leadership and values-base behavior to address the vital issues challenging us today.
- Engage future leaders to deepen their commitment to lifelong moral leadership.
How to join us?
Summit sessions will be open to all via webcast. To be notified of webcast details, please email us at email@example.com
To apply to attend in person, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us more about who you are and why your participation is key to our collective success.