We are creating a community to build and nurture a culture of moral leadership, principled decision-making, and values-based behavior that enable individuals and organizations to meet the profound social, economic, and technological changes of the 21st Century.
The dynamism of our community, our ability to be an agent of change, and the quality of the decisions we make are all rooted in our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to create an environment in which all members of our community can bring their full identity and experience to our work.
We embrace, honor, and celebrate our differences across race, gender, age, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical abilities, socio-economic class, and the other characteristics that construct our unique identities.
We commit to:
- Striving to identify and provide activities and programs that are accessible, equitable, and reflective of the diverse voices of our global community.
- Seeking out partners that value accessibility, equity, and diversity.
- Working to ensure that our policies and associated practices are equitable and inclusive.
- Continuously assessing recruiting, selecting, hiring, and advancement practices to ensure we are expanding, retaining, and developing talented staff, community members, and organizational leadership from diverse backgrounds.
- Fostering respect and maintaining space for open dialogue as we work to continuously educate ourselves and learn with our community about the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This is part of a continuous effort to strengthen the foundations of The HOW Institute for Society and to develop our understanding so that all members of this community—now and in the future—can participate fully in realizing our mission.